Thursday, April 14, 2011

like father, like son

Papa & Keelan, both around 3.5 months old
After Keelan's newborn hair fell out and he was my bald baby for a couple weeks, it grew back in lighter and considerably fuzzier :-) He now is looking a lot like his Papa. We also went in for his most recent appointment (14 weeks) and found out he is only slightly above average on height and weight ( as apposed to being a giant as we were told by many). The Doc said he's pretty much... average. Dang. He has some new skills, like using both his right and left hand to grab everything in sight, although his left hand is still a bit slower. He also ROLLED over from front to back a few times this week and even once from FRONT to back. Although... he did this in a rather interesting way... he rolled OFF the bed. Yeah, onto the floor, ouch! I felt devastated of course as I had my back turned for .2 seconds, but he only cried for a couple seconds and was totally fine. Whew! He is loving his new Ayi (Chinese for Auntie, but is his nanny for when I'm back at work) and we are thrilled. She is constantly saying things to him like, "Wo ai ni. Ni hen conming bao bei, hao ba?" (I love you. You are so smart, aren't you?) She's awesome and I feel a lot more confident leaving him with her when I'm back teaching.

1 comment: